BODY LOVE RETREAT
Now is the time for you. Come away to France take a moment for yourself. This retreat is for you and about you. After all, you deserve it. Come as you are and learn to appreciate the beauty that resides within you.
We invite you to explore the wonders of France. Find yourself surrounded by the beauty of the French countryside, quaint shop and relaxation. Spend your days wandering through the village enjoying 12th-century beauty, explore a medieval town and indulge in local wines. This retreat is an adventure which is a taste of old and new experiences. Picture yourself walking through the vineyards and sightseeing through the breathtaking countryside.
Please contact me for Costings.
The Queen’s Room
(1 super king bed, shower, and bathroom)
The Blue Room
(1 king bed, shower, and bathroom)
(1 king bed, shower, and bathroom)
The Butterfly Room
(1 king bed, bath with hand held shower, & bathroom)
The Baker’s Room
The Owl’s Room
(2 small double beds, shower, and bathroom)
The Green Room
(2 single beds, bath, shower, and bathroom)
(2 single beds, shower, and bathroom)
The Driver’s Room
(options: 2 single beds, 1 large single bed, or 1 king bed, bath, shower, and bathroom)
The Red Room
(options: 2 single beds or 1 king bed, bath with hand held shower, and bathroom)
-2 yoga classes a day
-3 delicious, healthy, farm to table meals per day
-Evening wine tasting with a local sommelier
-Ground transportation from Bergerac airport or train station (one scheduled pickup and drop off on arrival and departure days only
-All taxes/HST included
Alcohol (local wine available for purchase at the Chateau)
Travel insurance (required)
Airport/train station transfers outside the scheduled pick-up and drop-off
Ready to Book!
50% of balance is due April 30
Remaining balance is due June 30
If cancellation is made by June 1 all payment (LESS DEPOSIT) will be refunded. There will be no refunds after this date. Please note that the $500 initial deposit is not refundable under any circumstances.
FLIGHTS & AIRPORTS
Bergerac Airport (EGC) is 20 minutes away from Chateau de Bardouly.
Bordeaux Airport (BOD) is 1.5 hrs away from Chateau de Bardouly.
FREE GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM BERGERAC AIRPORT OR TRAIN STATION
Arrival Day (Saturday 23rd September)
Pick-up: Check-in time at Chateau de Bardouly is 4:00pm. On the day of arrival, there will be one scheduled FREE pick-up from Bergerac airport or Bergerac train station. Airport transfers or other transfers outside of the scheduled drop-off will be at your own expense.
Departure Day (Saturday 31st September)
Drop-off: Check-out time from Chateau de Bardouly is 10:00am. On the day of departure, there will be one scheduled FREE drop off to Bergerac airport or Bergerac train station. Airport transfers or other transfers outside of the scheduled drop-off will be at you own expense.
Things to do! (optional)
- The Hanging Gardens of Marqueyssac – is one of the most beautiful romantic gardens of France and today
- the most visited garden in Périgord. Listed as a national historical monument thanks to its 54 acres of park, Marqueyssac’s gardens offer more than 6 kilometres of shaded paths in a maze of 150,000 hand-pruned boxwoods. From the belvedere, at 130 meters above the Dordogne river, you will see the most spectacular panorama in Périgord. This is the testimony of a rich bygone history and a gorgeous natural heritage. It’s also the most exceptional view of the Dordogne valley you will see its most beautiful villages : Domme, Castelnaud, Beynac, Fayrac, La Roque-Gageac and its castles.
- Historic Castles and Villages – The castles and villages of the Perigord have survived and the ancient stones tell their story. View meticulously maintained architectural examples from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, as well as splendid 18th and 19thcentury properties. Ten local villages have had the honour of being ranked among the most beautiful villages of France for their historic importance and exceptional preservation. As you explore these castles and villages, experience the medieval in the heart of Périgord: mazes of small streets and alleys, Romanesque and Gothic sculptures of the abbeys, and the original dungeons that exist to this day.|
- The Caves of Lascaux – these caves are adorned with some of the most beautiful and important human and animal images dating from the Palaeolithic area. In addition there are more than 50 additional caves and shelters, habitat plots and burial sites than can be visited.
- Wine Testing, Bergerac and Bordeaux wineries – The local ‘Route des Vins’, is a vital accessory for your visit; choose from 140 estates (‘domaines’, ‘clos’ and ‘châteaux’) of wine makers united under a charter of quality.
- Castle of Michel de Montaigne –This fortified castle dates to the 14th century and was the family residence of the Renaissance philosopher and thinker Michel de Montaigne from 1571 until his death in 1592, Michel de Montaigne wrote his famous Essays and major works of humanism which were the fruits of a lifetime of reflection and reading.
- Sarlat – is one of the most famous market towns in the Perigord. It dates from the 14th century and has many sites of historical and architectural importance. The shopping is fantastic and you might even be cast as an extra in one of the many major studio films that are shot in the city and surrounding area!
- Weekly markets – in various local villages (including Eymet and Issigeac) are the best place to find fresh, local produce, and the many regional delicacies and ingredients required in Périgourdin gourmet meals…
- Golfing –The local area boasts no fewer than four golf courses with 18 holes and three 9-hole courses, ensuring that golfers of all levels can enjoy their passion for the little white ball!
- Cycling – Use our bicycles or hire more to cycle along one of the many hilly country lanes including part of the Tour de France route.
- Hiking – Take a randonnée (ramble) on one of the many established and marked walking tracks that criss-cross the area. Enjoy a picnic lunch while observing the beautiful wildlife around several protected lakes.
- Horseback riding –Our local stables offer lessons, rides across the countryside on horses and ponies suitable for all ages and abilities.
- Canoeing –The two great rivers of the area are the Dordogne, which the department takes its name from, and the Vezere. Canoe past historic villages and medieval castles on the Dordogne; discover some of the most beautiful countryside in rural France on journeys down the Verzere.
- Do I need a passport?
Yes, you are required to have a passport.
2. I don’t have anyone to go with and I don’t want to pay for single occupancy – can you find me a roommate?
Yes I can try to match you up with another solo traveller. You can pay your deposit and if a match cannot be made your deposit will be refunded.
3. I have dietary restrictions – is the retreat able to accommodate me?
Yes certainly; once you have reserved your spot please pass on any allergies, restrictions, or requests.
4. Do I need to be an advanced yogi to join this retreat?
Everyone is welcome.
Complete Beginners Body Positive Yoga Class
Online Body Positive Beginners Plus - Intermediate - 8 week course
HOW ONLINE YOGA WORKS
Online yoga is super easy to set up.
All you need is a phone, tablet or PC with a Wifi connection.
Classes are held online via Zoom, free and easy to use software you install just once in advance.
"I have just returned from CurveSome’s yoga retreat. The venue was amazing as is the teacher, Donna Noble. I am a newbie at yoga and the progress I have made over the last 6 months is a testament to Donna’s patience, experience and her ability to make a plus size woman feel that their size is not a limiter. Her classes are fun and thought-provoking. As she says enjoy the (yoga) journey and I have thus far. Thank you so much."
"Donna’s Yoga retreat was incredible, being new to Yoga I felt welcomed and encouraged by Donna. She adopts a different approach for each individual, teaching you different practices for each yoga pose to suit you. I feel a stronger connection with my physical body as a result. Donna provides a warm, positive, uplifting style of teaching which has left me with an addiction for Yoga! I’ve left the retreat feeling calm, peaceful and mentally and physically stronger and would recommend Donna to everyone!"
"I never knew just how much one could be inspired by listening to you speak of your passion for Yoga and Mindfulness – love that word. I love to be inspired and you did just that for me. You speak with an eloquence that is both inviting and embracing. You make me want to explore the vast, almost unknown or rarely heard of benefits of Yoga and all that it can do to benefit our lives in a healthy and positive way. I will definitely be looking to join your Curvesomeyoga group and classes. Love you for sharing your gift and wisdom. Blessings and More Love."