Teaching Body Positive Yoga with Donna Noble
Want to improve your practice or become a better, more inclusive yoga teacher?
This 90-minute online session over Zoom is aimed at BWY teachers and also those that practice but don’t teach.
The theme will be Body Positivity with an element of self love and there will be a participatory element to show some of the techniques discussed.
You will learn how to:
- Create positive and impactful yoga classes for everyBODY
- Wake up to unchecked biases
- Use appropriate language to make your classes inclusive.
- Provide variations for postures and transitions with the use of props: block, belts, walls and chairs etc for different body sizes.
- Provide your students with tools to cultivate self-acceptance and self-love
- Learn how to teach to who is in the room
- Provide every student with a positive experience in a safe environment.
Donna has been passionate about showing that yoga is for everyBODY since 2015 when CurveSomeYoga was created, as a result of constantly hearing excuses as to why friends and family could not do yoga.
Q&A: time permitting, there will be the opportunity for questions at the end of the session.
Please bring: a bolster, blocks, belt/strap, notepad and pen.
Access needs: please email [email protected] by 31 August with any specific access needs. Live captioning is enabled and you can activate this on your screen by clicking on the CC button and there is also an option to view the whole transcript by clicking on the upward arrow on the CC button. The recording will feature the closed captions automatically.
For more information, click here:
Please note that these are external websites and channels and are not maintained by the BWY.
BWY Members: you can attend this session live, free of charge as part of your membership – but you will need to register for a ticket below, so that we can plan the session accordingly.
Not a BWY Member?
We welcome people from outside of the BWY and have made tickets available at a cost of £20 per session to cover administrative costs. If you would like to attend more than one session per year, it would be worthwhile considering joining the BWY for this benefit alone – please click here for more information about everything that’s included in BWY Membership and how to join.
Once the session has taken place, we aim to have the recording available within 48 hours, although it is often sooner than this. Everyone who registered for the live session will receive the recording by email.
Recordings of previous Member Sessions are available for BWY Members (only) and these can be found here (ensure you are logged in). We are working with the insurers to make as many of the recordings as possible available to all members.
- Tickets are free for BWY Members and £20 for non-Members.
- They go on sale on 3 August (BWY Members) and 10 August (non-members).
- You will need a ticket to attend online or watch the recordings.
- Please note all participants will need to register for a ticket, even if intending to share a screen.
- Tickets are allocated on a first come, first served basis so please do book quickly to avoid disappointment as we are unable to make exceptions.
- Tickets will be available to purchase until noon two working days prior to the event to allow time for administration or if the event reaches capacity.
- All attendees will receive an automated confirmation of their place on booking.
- Full information with the Zoom link and details of what you need etc will be emailed out around 10 days before the event. Please ensure that you have added [email protected] to your contacts/safe senders list.
- A reminder with all the information will also be sent out around 2-3 days before the event.
- If you have not received these emails, please check your junk/spam folders and if still not found, please do get in touch with Katherine on [email protected].
Please do not send your health questionnaire. We will notify all attendees on what is required in the emails we send out nearer to the event.
Safeguarding Information Regarding those age 17 or under
The BWY is committed to providing safe spaces for under 18s and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
This event has been designed for those age 18 and older. 16- and 17-year-olds may attend but they and their parents must read the guidance notes below before registering:
- The Event Information includes a description of any physical and/or emotional content. If you are 16 or 17, a parent/carer must be involved in deciding on the suitability of the event for you. If, after reading the Event Information and the points below, you or your parent/carer are unsure about the suitability please email [email protected] to discuss any further information you require to make your decision.
- Please be aware that participants and their backgrounds may be clearly seen in Zoom meetings. It is impossible for organisers to stop a participant from screen shotting another participant or their background. Therefore, please be aware that any adult or child who moves into camera view may be seen by other participants and those watching the recording. Adults should consider a private place for participating and consider the privacy of others in the household/environment. 16- and 17-year-olds are encouraged to find a space where a parent/carer can observe or be immediately available in case of any concerns arising for the child.
- Please be aware that the event will be recorded and that any participant who unmutes to speak will form part of the recording. This is also true if a participant accidentally comes off mute and makes any noise. The recording is only circulated in Speaker View; however it is important that you understand how the recording will be circulated. Some event recordings are only circulated to those who have registered for the event and some recordings are made available to the membership as a whole. Details of how the recording will be distributed are detailed in the Event Information. A recording of the event in Gallery View will not be circulated apart from to assist in the event of an insurance or official query.
- Zoom allows participants to message one another directly and hosts cannot see this messaging. We recognise such messaging can be valuable for networking and personal support however under 18s must not respond to any private messaging or invitations to contact other participants during or after the event. If this should happen, they must tell their parent/carer immediately of any such invites. The under 18 or their parent/carer can inform any of the BWY admins during the session or email [email protected] after the event.
- If at any point during the event you would like to raise a concern, please message any of the BWY admins using the chat facility.
- If you wish to speak to someone after any event, please message the BWY admins or emails [email protected] and this can be arranged.
Terms and Conditions
- All participants are expected to behave in a respectful manner to each other, the tutor/s and the BWY admin/s. Healthy dialogue involving differing opinions does not preclude courteous behaviour.
- Any participant who feels that comments or messages are in some way inappropriate, e.g. in breach of the BWY Code of Conduct, is bullying, oppressive or discriminatory in nature must immediately message a BWY admin. The BWY will take appropriate action which may include closing the chat entirely or moving an participant to the waiting room while assessing the content and actions required.
- The BWY reserves the right to refuse entry, to remove someone to the waiting room or remove someone from the meeting entirely if their behaviour is in some way offensive or in breach of the BWY Code of Conduct.
- The full BWY Terms and Conditions can be found here: https://www.bwy.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/
If you have any queries, please contact Katherine.