« All Events
Body Positivity, Diversity, & Inclusion
31 January 2024 @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm £55
Are you inspired to learn more about creating a supportive experience for your students? Ready to gain some ideas and understand principles that will help you to confidently create more accessible and inclusive offerings?
The intention of the workshop is expand your knowledge and experience in a supportive environment, to engage in discussions about current topics related to diversity and inclusion. Donna will share information about the history of body positivity within the yoga world and how yoga can be used as a force for change to create greater diversity.
The workshop will also address ways in which yoga postures may be adapted to accommodate everyBODY.
As a practitioner, you will also learn how to adapt the postures to accommodate your unique body and needs.
This is in interactive workshop including lecture, practice and discussion.
What Will We Learn?
- Strategies to cultivate greater inclusion within your community
- How to facilitate a yoga or movement practice in a supportive and safe environment.
- Discover how social justice is very much part of yoga.
- How to adapt poses for diverse bodies, regardless of age, size, gender, ethnicity or ability.
- Making challenging asanas and transitions more accessible.
- Participate in powerful group discussions and share your experiences.
- Learn tools to better support and serve your community.
- Learn ways to genuinely support and cultivate diversity.
- How to feel confident in holding space for uncomfortable or challenging but important conversations, both on and off the mat.
- Learn about the importance of language and communication.
- Investigate unconscious bias and discuss how it shows up in yoga and well-being spaces.
- Cultivating allyship.
Learn more and book